S.E.N.A.C.A. is a non-profit charitable organization supporting individuals and families in their care giving roles within the community. We provide adult respite services focusing on nurturing activities, personal achievement, companionship and wellness. We strive to meet the diverse needs of each unique individual and have staff who speak different languages: Urdu, Polish, Punjabi, Hindi, etc.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Closed Statutory Holidays
Clients may attend a minimum of one and a maximum of five days a week. Attendance is based on availability of openings.
- Inquiries should be made to S.E.N.A.C.A. staff
- Tours can be booked
- Admission forms to be filled out by the Community Care Access Centre (Mississauga-Halton LHIN).
- To provide an adult day program for adults with special needs
- To maximize each individual’s level of functioning
- To provide respite and support for caregivers.
Arrangements can be made via:
- Family car
- Oakville Care-a-Van
- Canes Transportation (Please Contact your LHIN For Bookings)
Invoices are issued at the end of each month. For clients meeting admission and financial criteria, assistance will be provided in seeking alternate sources of funding to help defray client’s cost.
- For more information, contact the program manager.
For more information please feel free to contact us during regular business hours. Our contact information can be found by clicking «here».
A copy of our MSAA agreement with the Mississauga-Halton LHIN can be found «here».
A copy of our most recent Annual Report can be found «here».
A copy of our most recent Audited Financial Statements can be found «here».
A copy of our most recent Client / Caregiver Satisfaction Survey Results can be found «here».
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Join the family that helps your family!
Be part of an innovative, caring organization and contribute your experience and expertise to our Board of Directors. We need your help in implementing a dynamic strategic plan that will lead the way and set the standard in providing adult day program services for the growing needs in the community.
We need board members interested in guiding program development and service delivery that will insure that seniors who wish to remain at home with their loved ones will have the best care and support.
Applicants with expertise in these areas would be an asset: Quality and Performance Management, Patient and Health Care Advocacy, Human Resources, Accreditation processes, legal and financial challenges for not-for-profit community agencies.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com attention: Wayne Thorpe, President.
Board of Directors Candidate Application
To provide a caring, nurturing and safe environment for adults who need companionship, recreation and a sense of achievement to enhance their quality of life, while supporting their caregivers.
To build a strong and effective board, S.E.N.A.C.A. will recruit and select volunteer board members with the same diligence one would apply to any other important position. We strive to recruit individuals who have demonstrated leadership and commitment to values shared by S.E.N.A.C.A. In addition, we believe the following personal and professional characteristics are important:
- Ability to listen, analyse, evaluate, think strategically and creatively, and work well individually and in a group.
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints and to communicate S.E.N.A.C.A.’s perspective effectively with members and stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare for, attend, and participate in board and committee meetings (including conference calls), ask questions, take responsibility, and follow through on a given assignments.
- Willingness to develop certain skills if one does not possess them, such as understanding financial statements and learning more about the substantive program areas of S.E.N.A.C.A.
If you would like to join our Board please complete the application at the bottom of this page.
Click on image to enlarge.
- Assistance with daily living
- Exercise programs
- Foot care nurse visits every 6 weeks
- Hairdresser (available by appointment)
- Information & Support Group
- Light nursing care
- Morning and afternoon snacks
- Nutritious meals
- Recreation activities
- Social events
- Wellness programs
- Celebrate Client Birthdays
- Music Entertainment
- Pet therapy
- Social Club
|10:15 am||Let’s Walk and Talk|
|2:00 pm||Musical Guest (depending on day)|
|3:30 pm||Domino’s, Small Activities|